I am sure that many of you have experienced this kind of incident... the "traveler's diarrhea". I know that my husband experienced this when he went to the Philippines and Ethiopia. To avoid situation like this, here are some helpful tips for you to consider.
- When you are traveling abroad, don’t forget that drinking another country’s water can be dangerous.
- Stick with bottled or boiled water and carbonated soft drinks.
- Remember that the ice in your drink turns into water, so order them with out ice.
- Wipe off the tops of cans before you drink from them, or better yet, bring some straws to use for drinking.
- Avoid raw foods, as they can also be a good way to get sick.
- Only brush your teeth with bottled water and keep your mouth shut when you’re in the shower, even an accidental spray can get you sick.