Click here to learn more about Zylkene non-drowsy calming supplements for your dog or cat.
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received Zylkene products for my own personal review. All opinions, text and experiences are my own.
Whenever there are any kinds of changes in any household, everyone must learn to adjust. Bringing home a newborn can be very exciting but it can also mean a lot of changes in family's day to day living. And while we're doing our best to adjust, we must not also forget that our beloved pets are also very sensitive to such changes. Our dogs are sensitive to their environments, and any major changes can cause them to become uneasy. Our chow chow mix will bark when he is intimidated and our shih tzu will urinate when she gets excited.
Bringing home a new baby may also mean a new smell or unfamiliar sounds that our pets may not be able to easily adjust to. So what are some of the things that I did to help our dogs adjust to our baby's arrival?
- While I'm still expecting, I let our dogs be a part of the preparations at home. This includes letting them go near the crib or allowing them to get a sniff of the baby's new things.
- I also slowly introduced my dogs to the different sounds that the baby's toys make. This can help them adjust to these sounds and won't make them feel uncomfortable or startled in any way.
- During the first few weeks that our baby's at home, our dogs may feel a little bit ignored since we'll be spending a lot of time with the baby. To prevent this from happening, we'll make sure to still spend some time with them during the day or talk to them while also taking care of our newborn.
- Before baby arrives, I'll prep my dogs with Zylkene non-drowsy calming supplement. Zylkene can help make dogs or cats feel calm and relaxed, without feeling drowsy so they are able to cope with the new family dynamic.
- Zylkene can also help pets cope with a variety of short-term and long-term situations such as: traveling, thunderstorms, fireworks, vet visits, new home, kenneling, adoption, grooming, and meeting new people, and it's flexible for short- or long-term use.
Zylkene is available at your veterinary clinic or online. Visit the Zylkene website for details or ask your veterinary clinic for it by name. Don't forget to like them on Facebook or follow them on Instagram for updates and promotions. So what are you waiting for?
Disclaimer: This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation that contains affiliate links. I received Zylkene products for my own personal review. All opinions, text and experiences are my own. If your pet's behavior changes suddenly in any way, schedule an appointment with your veterinarian. He or she can rule out any underlying medical issues as well as make additional recommendations. Consult your veterinarian before giving your pet Zylkene. Follow the recommended administration on the package, unless otherwise instructed by your veterinarian.