Image Source: Unsplash
Summer is almost upon us and if you haven’t already carried out a garden makeover, it’s not too late. Let’s face it, we spend a lot of time on the terrace in the summer and after a period of relative inactivity, the garden is ready for some TLC. If you are ready to make a few improvements but don’t know where to start, here are some great ways to make your garden more appealing.
1. Declutter – More often than not, there are many items lying around that make the area look cluttered. If you don’t have a garden shed, now is the time to invest in a secure (and attractive) garden shed. If you search online, there are garden sheds for sale from established manufacturers, who have a range of designs and sizes to accommodate every garden.
2. Shading and Screening – Both essential for a comfortable ambiance, if your shading has seen better days, there are several ways to go. If your budget stretches that far, you could have a customised retractable roof installed – which is a permanent fixture that will increase the value of your home. Failing that, why not buy a couple of cantilevered umbrellas, or perhaps an awning?
Image Souce: Unsplash
3. A Summer House – If you have the space, you could put a nice log cabin in the garden. There are online suppliers of garden sheds and summer houses who have a wide range of units, giving you and your family additional living space that can be used all year round. The unit could be furnished, ideal for overnight guests, and if your children need a quiet place to do their homework, the summer house is ideal.
4. Power Clean the Patio – This can be done in a morning – simply hire a water pressure cleaner from your local hire company and your terrace will look like new. There are many surfaces that this can restore – paths, driveways, even the side of your house, making it good value for money. Remove all that moss on the pathways and restore your paving in a single session with a power cleaner.
5. Add Some Greenery – A visit to your local garden centre should result in a transformation, yet before you set off, spend a little time thinking about the locations and also what you are going to plant. Make sure the trees and shrubs are suited for the ground conditions and take into account growth and maintenance. If you happen to live in Australia, there is a list of Australia’s top ten shrubs, which might help with choices.
Renovating the outdoor living area has many benefits and if you are planning to entertain, it is important to have the right features. You might also want to assess your garden lighting, which can have a dramatic effect on the overall ambiance. With an attractive garden shed in place, all of your gardening tools have a safe place to be stored and you can keep your BBQ in there during the winter, along with bikes and other items you might have. Once completed, your garden will be an attractive place to spend those long summer evenings.