1. Airlines usually reload their computers at midnight, so as soon after that as possible is a good time to shop online for low cost seats that folks might have reserved but not paid for.
2. For international flights between major cities, it's hard to beat the price of flying courier often half or less than regular fare. Of course, some restrictions apply.
Imagine flying to exotic destinations all over the world, but paying 50% or less regular airfare costs. Once in a while you might even get an overseas flight completely free. It sounds too good to be true, but air couriers get these kinds of deals all the time, and the best news is, you too can easily join their happy numbers.
3. When one airline announces a sale to a particular destination, chances are the others will soon follow suit, so be on the lookout and call or click around.
4. Seniors should ask about domestic airfare coupon books. Several airlines offer this option of discounted fares that are bought as a block of 4 coupons. Some airlines also offer this option to students.
5. Use the internet to search out last minute bargain weekend fares. Most airlines' websites have a place where drastically reduced weekend fares are available. Start checking on Wednesday for the weekend ahead.